If you’ve been discriminated against in the workplace, a discrimination attorney located in Philadelphia can help you assert your rights.
Under the law, it is illegal for an employer to discriminate against an employee for:
- Sexual orientation
Employment discrimination takes many forms, including:
- Denying certain employees benefits or compensation regardless of their qualifications
- Refusal to hire certain employees who are qualified for the position
- Termination of an employee without due cause
- Paying employees who perform the same tasks and are equally qualified different salaries
- Refusal to offer promotions to all qualified employees
It is also illegal to retaliate against an employee for bringing up issues of discrimination to supervisors or authorities such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Have You Been Discriminated Against In The Workplace? Call A Philadelphia Discrimination Attorney Now
If you believe you have been a victim of employment discrimination, it is important that you contact a Philadelphia based discrimination lawyer as quickly as possible. While you may be able to lodge a discrimination complaint without an attorney on your side, it is less likely that your complaint will be taken seriously by the administration to whom you are complaining or your employer.
The attorneys at the Law Firm of Schrom & Shaffer, P.C. are available to assist you in constructing a case against your employer for discrimination and will advocate for your rights under the law. Regardless of why or how you were discriminated against, we are committed to supporting you. We will do whatever is necessary to ensure you are compensated and that justice has been served.