If you’ve been charged with a crime, you are under serious threat. Contact a Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer you can trust today to protect your rights and freedoms.
If you’re like many people who have been charged with a crime, you likely don’t know what to do or who to turn to. Should you talk to the police? Should you cooperate with the investigation? Will law enforcement tell you what you need to know, or keep you in the dark as they build a case against you? Ultimately, law enforcement and prosecuting attorneys want to see you behind bars. If you are facing criminal charges, you need a skilled attorney at your side who will advocate for you and who has your best interests in mind.
What Can A Philadelphia Criminal Defense Lawyer Do For You?
A criminal defense attorney is the most important aspect of your case. You need to know that you have someone on your side who you can trust to tell you the truth, and will help guide you through the legal system. A criminal defense attorney can:
- Investigate your case to look for evidence that supports your innocence
- Petition the court to have the charges against you cleared
- Fight for the charges to be reduced to lesser charges without jail time or with less jail time
- Petition the court to reduce your bail amount and post bail for you
- Fight for the least severe sentence possible if you are convicted
- Have evidence that supports your guilt thrown out of court in certain circumstances
- Explain to you the legal process