Having a disability is challenging enough. If you’ve been discriminated against, contacting an American Disabilities Act attorney from Pennsylvania is the right thing to do.
In the United States, under the Americans With Disabilities Act, it is illegal for anyone to discriminate against another individual due to a disability. This most often takes the form of employers discriminating against individuals with disabilities, and can include:
- Being denied reasonable accommodations for your disability to allow you to perform your job
- Being made fun of for your disability
- Being denied the same promotions and job opportunities as other individuals with similar qualifications who are not disabled
- Being fired due to being disabled
- Not being hired due to being disabled even though you meet all job qualifications
Can A Pennsylvania American Disabilities Act Attorney Help Me?
Standing up for your rights as a disabled individual in America under the Americans With Disabilities Act requires the knowledge and skills of a Pennsylvania attorney specializing in the American Disabilities Act. You may be eligible to receive financial compensation for damages that have resulted from being discriminated against, and an attorney can help you build a strong case.
The lawyers at the Law Firm of Schrom & Shaffer, P.C., have successfully represented a number of disabled individuals who were illegally discriminated against in the workplace. We are intimately familiar with the laws underneath the Americans With Disabilities Act and will investigate your case fully to determine what kind of action needs to be taken for you to receive a favorable result in your case.