If you’ve been accused of shoplifting, a Philadelphia based shoplifting attorney may be able to help you.
Shoplifting is often considered a petty crime, and many people do not take it seriously. Most of the time, a person has been shoplifting regularly before they are actually caught doing it. Being caught shoplifting is an incredibly embarrassing experience, and can ruin your reputation. If you are convicted of shoplifting, you could be ordered to pay restitution and be put on probation. You may even be sentenced to jail time depending on the value of the items you shoplifted and other circumstances surrounding the crime.
- First offense & value is less than $150 = Summary
- First offense & value is greater than $140 = 1st Degree Misdemeanor
- Second offense & value is less than $150 = 2nd Degree Misdemeanor
- Second offense & value is greater than $150 = 1st Degree Misdemeanor
- Third and subsequent offense = 3rd Degree Felony
- Amount is greater than $2000 = 3rd Degree Felony
Fighting Shoplifting Charges With The Help Of A Philadelphia Shoplifting Attorney
It is important that you take the charges against you seriously at consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. At the Law Firm of Schrom & Shaffer, P.C., we have a number of creative defense strategies that we can apply to your case, increasing the chances that you will prevail in court and be exonerated of all charges. If, in fact, you are convicted of shoplifting, we will petition the court for the lightest sentence possible.