If you are being affected by Megan’s Law, you may have the right to appeal. Only a Philadelphia based Megan’s Law lawyer can help.
If you have been found guilty of a sex crime, you have likely been required to register as a sex offender under Megan’s Law. Megan’s law publishes a searchable database of all registered sex offenders, who they are, where they work and where they live.
With recent changes to Megan’s law in Pennsylvania, those who are under the law may find that their lives have become even more difficult. Those affected by the new Megan’s Law changes may experience:
- Registration period extensions
- Having to provided more detailed personal information to registries
- Mandatory prison sentences if found in violation of Megan’s Law
- Banning from public parks
- Restrictions on travel
- Loss of job or inability to find a job
- Having to report more frequently
- GPS monitoring
- Loss of the right to use the internet or social media
Although Megan’s Law was designed to increase public safety and the awareness of sexual offenders in their area, the new changes to Megan’s Law has simply made it more difficult for those who are being required to register as a sex offender.
Can A Philadelphia Based Megan’s Law Lawyer Help Me Appeal?
At the Law Firm of Schrom & Shaffer, P.C., we understand the frustration and hardship you are going through as a result of the new changes to Megan’s Law. We can help you appeal your requirement to register as a sex offender in or near Philadelphia.